Traditionally, law firms hire contract lawyers through staffing agencies (both domestic and foreign) and/or legal marketing websites. These options prove costly for contract lawyers, who pay these services high commission. It is also risky for law firms who often have no insight or control over the contract lawyer's screening process, as well as no channel for feedback or ratings to help ensure the quality of the delivered work product.
In comes K-Lawyers...
K-Lawyers is a marketplace created for lawyers, by lawyers, which connects contract lawyers with law firms and facilitates the delivery of legal services. With K-Lawyers, contract lawyers are provided with a streamlined platform that allows them to take on assignments posted by law firms, share their progress, and receive payment through smart and controlled mechanisms.
Contract lawyers using our platform enjoy features such as:
- Ability to access our platform and work whenever and wherever.
- Exposure to numerous legal assignments.
- Ability to set both your price and timeline on a per-project basis.
- Access to a unique community of lawyers who can chat, share thoughts, provide resources and substantive guidance, and answer each other's questions (coming soon).
- And many more features to come...
So, how does it work?
- Sign up (it's free!)
- Input relevant qualifications including your area(s) of specialty, years of experience, location, and law school.
- Upload personal documents such as a resume, letters of recommendation, or writing samples.
- Wait for approval (within 24 hours).
- Receive notifications when a firm invites you to work on an assignment.
- Enter your bid for assignments.
- Once an agreement is reached, start working on the assignment. Receive payment halfway through and again when the assignment is completed.
- Post a review or rating on the law firm's profile.
We are very excited to provide both contract lawyers and law firms with access to a unique platform and marketplace that will dramatically change the legal service landscape.